Safety laser scanners
Safety laser scanner for area safeguarding, access detection or point of operation guarding. With simple programming for individual or multiple protective areas and a compact a robust design, they enable a very flexible installation position as well as use in mobile applications (AGV).
Safety laser scanners can be used in machine safety applications to two-dimensional monitor preset areas, such as:
- Walk-in detection of safeguarded areas.
- Person detection in a robot cell.
- Detection of objects and people on linearly moving machines.
- Detection of objects and people on AGVs
The installation of the Hokuyo Laser Scanner
The Hokuyo UAM-05-LP Laser Scanner is easy to program using the provided software application, which can be easily uploaded to the scanner via USB or an SD card.
With the software, you can set up the following features:
- The sensitivity, the size of the object to be detected.
- The scan angle.
- Safety distance.
- Two warning zones.
- Program different environments.
- Muting to excluding objects.
Specifications of the UAM-5LP scanner
The UAM-5LP is the most compact safety scanner on the market and has a robust coated steel housing. With a detection angle of up to 270 °, a safety distance of up to 5m and warning detection of 20m, the laser scanner can be used in numerous machine safety applications.
The Hokuyo UAM-05LP is suitable in machine safety applications up to Pld according to EN ISO 13849 and SIL 2 according to EN / IEC 62061.
The safety laser scanner has the following features:
- Detection angle of up to 270 °
- Safety distance with a maximum of 5m.
- Two warning zones of up to 20m.
- 32 different environments to program.
- Installation with free software via USB or SDcard.
- Muting function.
- OSSD contacts
- Ethernet connection.
- Robust steel housing.
- Very compact 97 x 90 x 99mm (weight 1kg).