Safety switch with magnet locking
Safety sensor + Electromagnet = Process Interlock
A process interlock combines a safety sensor with a non-contact electromagnet for door locking in one device.
What is a process interlock used for?
As the name implies, a process interlock is used for process monitoring and prevent process disruptions on machines without a run-down time.
The built-in electromagnet has a holding force of 600N or 1200N. This keeps a safety device like a door or hatch locked until the process is completed and the magnet is de-energized.
It is possible to equip this safety interlock with a permanent magnet. This will prevent unintentional openings of doors and hatches even when unlocked.
These magnetic locks should not be used as a safety lock for machines with a run-down time, because the safety device is immediately unlocked if the voltage is lost.
Because process interlocks do not have a mechanical connection, this type of safety component is very low maintenance and durable.
All our process interlocks can be used in PLe (according to EN / ISO 13849) and SIL 3 (according to EN 62061) applications.
Our process interlocks are available in the following four variants:
- HoldX RS with 600N adhesive force and standard coded RFID safety sensor.
- HoldX RS with 600N adhesive force and uniquely coded RFID safety sensor (re-learnable).
- HoldX RL with 1200N adhesive force and standard coded RFID safety sensor.
- HoldX RL with 1200N adhesive force and a uniquely coded RFID safety sensor (retraceable).
All our process locks have at least the following properties:
- Extremely durable and resistant to wear.
- Built-in encrypted RFID safety sensor.
- Magnetic flux is continuously measured to diagnose magnet contamination.
- Great alignment tolerance.
- Simple diagnostics via Bluetooth.
- Suitable for series connection of up to 30 interlocks without loss of safety (through OSSD contacts). Equipped with status LEDs.
- Actuator / Armature plate with alignment option.
- A response speed of only 75ms.
- 8pin M12 plug connection with 200mm cable (Pig-Tail)
- To be used as a high-coded switch according to EN ISO 14119: 2013.
For free advice or a quote, please contact one of our specialists.