Non-contact safety switches
Safety sensors are also known as non-contact safety switches or safety contacts. They monitor access to machines and installations. When a safety device like a door, hatch or flap is opened, the safety switch sends a signal to the safety controller, which interrupts the energy supply to the machine or installation.
Safety sensors are used for machines and installations without a run-down time, i.e. isolating the energy supply brings the machine to an immediate stop. Our safety switches are suitable for use in PLe according to EN / ISO 13849 and SIL 3 according to EN 62061 environments.
These devices consist of a multi-channel safety sensor and an actuating magnet. The safety sensors are actuated by a (coded) actuator without any mechanical contact.
Non-contact safety switches offer the following benefits:
- Space-saving and easy to assemble.
- There are different designs available
- M12 plug connections
- Low maintenance and wear-free because there is no mechanical contact.
- Insensitive to dust, moisture and dirt.
- Resistant to vibrations.
- Series connection without loss of safety (variants with OSSD contacts)
- High protection against manipulation (coded variants).
- Easy to clean and high water resistance.
The use of safety sensors is particularly advantageous in cases where a lot of dirt, dust and moisture can occur. Or locations where hygienic requirements need to be maintained. This is possible due to the simplicity of the design of the safety sensors which makes it easy to clean. Another advantage is the option for concealed mounting behind non-magnetic surfaces.
We distinguish the following operating principles for non-contact safety switches:
- Magnetic safety switches
- Magnetically-coded safety switches
- Electronically coded safety switches
- Transponder coded (RFID) safety switches
For free advice, a quote or an appointment, please contact one of our specialists.