Mechanical door locks
Door locks or door interlocks guarantee safe access to machines and installations as part of an interlock system.
By using coded keys and door locks, safety devices such as doors, shutters and flaps can only be opened when the system is switched off (and the run-down time is expired). As long as the door interlock is unlocked, the key remains trapped in place to prevent re-activation. Depending on the application, you can choose to add a safety key or a safety key with mandatory removal.
We offer single and double door interlocks.
Single door lock
- For access to well-organized, safeguarded areas.
- For access without "full body access".
Double door lock (with safety key)
- For access to poorly organized areas.
- For full-body access
- When the safety key can be used to open a second door
- When the safety key can be used to activate, for example, a teach mode.
Why use a safety key with mandatory key removal?
The variant with mandatory key removal offers extra safety because the operator can only open the door when the safety key has been removed.
Unlike an emergency release, a safety key guarantees that the machine or installation cannot be started and the safety device cannot be locked as long as the operator inside is carrying the safety key.
All our door locks are equipped with the Fortress Interlocks CL lock mechanism. The key exchange boxes can be produced in 200,000 unique keycodes. The keycodes and personal laser engravings are filed together on the end-user to suspend the issuance of duplicate keys.
One more advantage
An additional advantage of the Fortress Interlocks DM door lock is that you can use one type of lock for left and right hinged doors and sliding doors. You can easily turn the head of the door interlock in 4 steps of 90° with a fine adjustment of another 5°.
Yes, there is an option for every locking application
With 5 different operating tongues, there is an option for every locking application, even for very badly aligned doors, flaps or hatches.
Our trapped key door interlocks have the following (unique) properties:
- There is no cabling required to connect to the safety device.
- No adjustments in controls required.
- TüV certified to PLe (EN / ISO 13849) and SIL 3 (EN 62061).
- very easy to install retro-fit on existing installations.
- A maximum pulling force of 7,500N.
- Great alignment tolerance.
- Easily increase the safety level of your machine.
- Extremely robust and suitable for the harshest industrial environments.
- Very resistant to vibrations.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX).
- Resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Stainless steel versions for corrosive environments, outdoor use and the food industry.
- 200,000 unique key encodings.
- Ideal for wash-down, CIP and wet environments.
Please contact us for advice or a quote without obligation.