Mechnical key exchange boxes
Key exchange units are used to fully mechanically release or lock keys in a predetermined sequence. Key exchange boxes can be used for:
- Releasing key (s) to open safety devices after multiple energy sources have been isolated.
- Releasing multiple safety keys from operator to prevent unwanted machine restarts.
- Releasing access keys to simultaneous unlock several safety devices.
Fortress Interlocks XM key exchange units can be supplied in any sequence. The exchange units are easy to expand due to their modular construction. For example, you might want to expand your interlock system when you are adding additional access points to your installation. Depending on the chosen version (Mazac or stainless steel), the system can be expanded to a maximum of 10 (Mazac) or 5 (stainless steel) lock mechanisms.
All our key exchange units are equipped with the Fortress Interlocks CL lock mechanism. The key exchange boxes can be produced in 200,000 unique keycodes. The keycodes and personal laser engravings are filed together on the end-user to suspend the issuance of duplicate keys.
Our trapped key exchange units have the following (unique) features:
- There is no cabling required for the switch units.
- TüV certified to PLe (EN / ISO 13849) and SIL 3 (EN 62061).
- Very easy to install retro-fit on existing installations.
- Modular construction for easy addition of locks to an existing configuration.
- Efficiently increase the safety level of your machine.
- Extremely robust and suitable for the harshest industrial environments.
- Very resistant to vibrations.
- Suitable for use in explosive atmospheres (ATEX).
- Resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Stainless steel versions for corrosive environments, outdoor use and the food industry.
- 200,000 unique key encodings.
- Ideal for wash-down, CIP and wet environments.
Please contact us for advice or a quote without obligation.