Safety gate switches with guard locking
Solenoid controlled safety switches (interlocks) ensure that sliding, hinged and removable guarding devices, cannot be opened until dangerous conditions (e.g. run-on movements) have been terminated. This takes place in coordination with the control system of the machine. Interlocking electromechanical safety switches have a solenoid coil that locks the actuator until it is released by the safety controller.
Solenoid interlocks are also used for applications in which the opening of a guard represents a non-permissible intrusion in a production process. The solenoid controlled safety switches can be configured with an internal release, a safety key function (to prevent accidental lock-in), different actuators and/or multiple control elements.
Safety switches monitor access to machines and installations. When a safety device such as a door, hatch or flap is opened, the safety switch sends a signal that it is safe to the safety controller, this interrupts the energy supply to the machine or installation. Depending on the type, our safety switches comply with PLd resp. PLe according to EN / ISO 13849 and SIL 2 resp. SIL 3 according to EN 62061.
The following actuator operating safety door switches without an interlock are available:
- Safety switch for Cat. 4, PLe or SIL3 applications.
- Safety switch for Cat. 3, PLd or SIL2 applications.
Our safety switches can be equipped with the following options:
- A safety key to prevent containment hazards.
- Different operating tongues (actuators) for, for example, shutters, flaps, revolving or sliding doors.
- Emergency release for opening the safety device from the inside.
- Push buttons for access request or reset.
- Status LEDs and selector switches
- Emergency stop with or without monitoring.
- Self-wiring terminal or plug connection
- Available in ProfiNet or Ethernet IP version
- Equipped with an AS-Interface
- Standard mounting plates for different guarding fences